Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Mouse vs. the Lion

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 10, 2004
      "The Yeti !" wrote:

      > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger McElwee" <gingermc@c...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > The bottom line is that I don't like the idea of reducing the
      > > richness of a book to the image of a movie.
      >
      > So I gather from the last line of this that you think that NO book
      > should ever be turned into a film (or TV programme, etc)?
      > [Or at least unless the author who wrote the book is also wrote AND
      > directed the filmed version ?]
      >
      > Well, that explains so much.

      I'm not the original poster, but ... Yeah, I could live with
      that. Easily. Let the film makers work with film scripts that
      are specifically written for =their= medium, to take advantage of
      its strengths =as= a medium, that will have the right amount of
      plot, that will be conceived visually, etc. IMHO the best films
      are ones that are conceived and created =as= films, rather than
      as adaptations of something else.

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>