Re: [mythsoc] Joseph Pearce (WAS: Re: RE: Gibson's movie)

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2004
      In a message dated 3/9/2004 8:19:55 PM Central Standard Time,
      deidre@... writes:

      >This does seem to be a strange thing to say, since JRRT was a credo Roman
      >Catholic, right? Not sure when his mother converted

      Did you mean to say "cradle Catholic?" No, but the two boys were young enough
      to be received with their mother.

      I don't have the bio to hand, but checking with the LETTERS, it appears that
      the mother and sons were received sometime between Arthur Tolkien's death in
      1896 and Mrs. Tolkien's death (still a young woman) in 1904.

      Diamond Proudbrook