Re: yrderzomenymororses..reply to Leslie

  • Tom & Maria T
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 1999
      From Maria T. wttatham@...
      To: LeslieJ55@...

      Don't know the name of the book. I always look for it when at the library,
      cause I want to
      finish what I didn't read the first time. Will try to check again.
      I don't feel slammed, but am having difficulty with on-line discussion.
      Almost feel belligerent. Also, where are the people I'm talking to? As a
      very newby, I'd like to say that it's preferable to have your fins nipped,
      then to be looked right through. However, am feeling like there is so much
      info, so little human contact in this type of communication, that I feel
      like a sophomore on the varsity team, who somehow can't see the players, and
      wonders why I got out on the floor at all.
      A lot to think about in what you said, for example "myth is history in
      COLOR." Will look for Joseph Wambaugh's work.
      Though I enjoy and admire the work of Tolkien, Lewis, and Williams, I
      haven't been a student of their works, and don't have much experience with,
      for example, the Tolkien "Phenomenon". Feel like I've started at a new
      school, and am way behind. However, I do understand something about
      fantasy, though I'm inexpert. "The outpouring is great" you said, of those
      attempting to show the impact of his work upon their lives and thinking.
      Shows the creativity of his work, doesn't it? And how creativity sparks
      more creativity. Thanks for responding. Maria T.