Re: [mythsoc] Mouse takes on Lion

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
      Actually, I didn't know that Lewis made any such claim. At any rate,
      Aslan _is_ Christ, his sacrifice at the hands of Jadis _is_ The
      Crucifixion, etc., etc. That makes it a Christian allegory in my book.

      Carl

    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
        In a message dated 3/3/2004 11:54:05 AM Central Standard Time, Lizzie writes:

        "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
        cellphone commercials?"

        Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

        Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
        Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also in
        commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

        Diamond Proudbrook

      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
          Oh, you mean the guy who voiced a certain lord of the Sith in a space
          trilogy popular in the seventies? Hmmm. Now there's a thought. ---djb

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
            Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
            Aslan too growly, too. ---djb

            writes:

            "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
            cellphone commercials?"

            Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

            Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
            Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also
            in
            commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

            Diamond Proudbrook

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
              Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
              Aslan too growly, too. ---djb >>

              True. And JEJ's voice is well known and associated with more than one
              movie bad guy. I am not familiar with Haysbert though.

              There's always Mel Gibson. He's already animated a rooster. lol

              I haven't seen any of the Narnia movies that have been made, although I do
              mean to. And I have always shared Ginger's concerns about movies anyway.

              Lizzie Apgar Triano
              lizziewriter@...
              amor vincit omnia