Re: [mythsoc] Mouse takes on Lion

  • Randall Eicher
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
      He was also the voice of Darth Vader

      Randall

      > James Earl Jones...yup, great growly voice!
      >
      > Janet

    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
        "Carl F. Hostetter" wrote:

        > C.S. Lewis's _The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe_ is a clear
        > Christian allegory. Here's betting that Disney's _LWW_ will be
        > _nothing_ of the sort.

        Come on now, Carl, you know better than that. =The Lion, the
        Witch, and the Wardrobe= is NOT an allegory. Lewis said it
        wasn't (he preferred to call it a "supposal"), and he, of all
        people, should know.

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>
      • Carl F. Hostetter
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
          Actually, I didn't know that Lewis made any such claim. At any rate,
          Aslan _is_ Christ, his sacrifice at the hands of Jadis _is_ The
          Crucifixion, etc., etc. That makes it a Christian allegory in my book.

          Carl

        • Stolzi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
            In a message dated 3/3/2004 11:54:05 AM Central Standard Time, Lizzie writes:

            "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
            cellphone commercials?"

            Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

            Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
            Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also in
            commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

            Diamond Proudbrook

          • dianejoy@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
              Oh, you mean the guy who voiced a certain lord of the Sith in a space
              trilogy popular in the seventies? Hmmm. Now there's a thought. ---djb

              I do hope the Disney folks understand the role of Aslan. He's key---and I

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • dianejoy@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
                Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
                Aslan too growly, too. ---djb

                writes:

                "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
                cellphone commercials?"

                Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

                Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
                Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also
                in
                commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

                Diamond Proudbrook

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://mail2web.com/ .
              • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
                  Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
                  Aslan too growly, too. ---djb >>

                  True. And JEJ's voice is well known and associated with more than one
                  movie bad guy. I am not familiar with Haysbert though.

                  There's always Mel Gibson. He's already animated a rooster. lol

                  I haven't seen any of the Narnia movies that have been made, although I do
                  mean to. And I have always shared Ginger's concerns about movies anyway.

                  Lizzie Apgar Triano
                  lizziewriter@...
                  amor vincit omnia