RE: [mythsoc] Mouse takes on Lion

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
      James Earl Jones...yup, great growly voice!

      Janet

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
        He was also the voice of Darth Vader

        Randall

        > James Earl Jones...yup, great growly voice!
        >
        > Janet

      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
          "Carl F. Hostetter" wrote:

          > C.S. Lewis's _The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe_ is a clear
          > Christian allegory. Here's betting that Disney's _LWW_ will be
          > _nothing_ of the sort.

          Come on now, Carl, you know better than that. =The Lion, the
          Witch, and the Wardrobe= is NOT an allegory. Lewis said it
          wasn't (he preferred to call it a "supposal"), and he, of all
          people, should know.

          --Margaret Dean
          <margdean@...>
        • Carl F. Hostetter
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
            Actually, I didn't know that Lewis made any such claim. At any rate,
            Aslan _is_ Christ, his sacrifice at the hands of Jadis _is_ The
            Crucifixion, etc., etc. That makes it a Christian allegory in my book.

            Carl

          • Stolzi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 3, 2004
              In a message dated 3/3/2004 11:54:05 AM Central Standard Time, Lizzie writes:

              "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
              cellphone commercials?"

              Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

              Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
              Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also in
              commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

              Diamond Proudbrook

            • dianejoy@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
                Oh, you mean the guy who voiced a certain lord of the Sith in a space
                trilogy popular in the seventies? Hmmm. Now there's a thought. ---djb

                I do hope the Disney folks understand the role of Aslan. He's key---and I

                http://mail2web.com/ .
              • dianejoy@earthlink.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
                  Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
                  Aslan too growly, too. ---djb

                  writes:

                  "What about that nice gentleman with the three names who did the old
                  cellphone commercials?"

                  Far as I know, James Earl Jones is still the voice-over of CNN.

                  Not sure this other guy is right for Aslan, but I love the voice of Dennis
                  Haysbert, currently appearing as President of the US in Fox's "24" and also
                  in
                  commercials for Allstate Insurance. Lighter quality than JEJ, though.

                  Diamond Proudbrook

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://mail2web.com/ .
                • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 4, 2004
                    Actually, Haysbert's voice might be just right; it's possible to make
                    Aslan too growly, too. ---djb >>

                    True. And JEJ's voice is well known and associated with more than one
                    movie bad guy. I am not familiar with Haysbert though.

                    There's always Mel Gibson. He's already animated a rooster. lol

                    I haven't seen any of the Narnia movies that have been made, although I do
                    mean to. And I have always shared Ginger's concerns about movies anyway.

                    Lizzie Apgar Triano
                    lizziewriter@...
                    amor vincit omnia