Re: [mythsoc] SFSite Editorial On RotK and PJ

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2004
      Bill, I don't have to know what you think; we _all_ can see what you
      _wrote_, which was (and is) textbook patronization.

      You presume that the only purpose of writing is to change opinion. This
      is false. I _expressed_ my opinion, and you expressed yours.

      The problem is that you are not content to leave it there, or to allow
      others to express their opinion when it is not favorably disposed
      towards Jackson's films, but instead engage in _ad hominem_ ("snobby",
      "condescending") and attempts to silence dissent ("move on"). I did
      nothing of the kind to you; why do you feel it is at all appropriate to
      treat me so shabbily?

      Carl