Re: [mythsoc] Re: Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1 7:15 PM
      From: <Stolzi@...>

      > I didn't watch the show, but am scratching my head over this quote

      I did see the show, and your above quote brought something to mind. I
      turned on the TV primarily to watch Billy Crystal's opening schtick. There,
      at the end before he came officially on-stage, we saw him with Gandalf --
      and Jack Nicholson was Gandalf. Oh, the film could have been worse! (Not
      that Jack Nicholson isn't a good actor; he's just not Gandalf.)

      Berni
    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2 12:54 AM
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.