Re: [mythsoc] Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Paul Labaki
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...> wrote:
      > Tolkien would be utterly appalled, but not at all
      > surprised, by the
      > M*vie and its reception by the Powers That Be in
      > Hollywood.
      >
      > I was fully prepared for the M*vie to win Best
      > Picture, Best Director,
      > etc. (the dollars being what they are), but that
      > this unmitigated
      > bastardization of Tolkien's story would take "Best
      > Adapted Screenplay"
      > shows what an utter farce this category in
      > particular, and the Oscars
      > in general, has become.
      >
      > Ick. Blech. Ptui.

      Without reading more of this thread, I want to thank
      you, Carl, for summing up this point as well as could
      be expected. May I humbly add #$@$%#% and ptui from
      me too.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.