Re: [mythsoc] Professor John Browne's course on The Lord of the Rings at the University of Tor

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      I found this quote quite telling (of the reporter, if not of the class
      itself!):

      "Having studied everything from how Tolkien portrays women to his views
      on urban sprawl, these budding scholars..."

      Mm, yes, quite the wide ideological gamut there. And surely spanning
      the breadth of Tolkien's own concerns with and within his story....

      Carl