Professor John Browne's course on The Lord of the Rings at the University of Tor

  • Elizabeth R. Milner
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      A while back we were collecting names of profs who teach Tolkien.
      Here's an article on one.
      http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?
      pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1077923412944&call
      _pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

      Sorry about the long link. Think angle brackets.

      -Liz
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        I found this quote quite telling (of the reporter, if not of the class
        itself!):

        "Having studied everything from how Tolkien portrays women to his views
        on urban sprawl, these budding scholars..."

        Mm, yes, quite the wide ideological gamut there. And surely spanning
        the breadth of Tolkien's own concerns with and within his story....

        Carl