Re: [mythsoc] Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1 1:10 PM
      I wish it were "only a movie." Unfortunately, all too many people now think
      it is the work of Tolkien and don't know the difference, which is tragic. >>

      People are idiots. Or they are learning. I have found active ignorance to
      be a good path to interesting places. It's better than complete ignorance.

      And being quite the project doesn't mean it's any good or worth any
      awards. >>

      Obviously the awards people think otherwise.

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2 12:54 AM
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.