Re: [mythsoc] Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2004
      In a message dated 3/1/2004 9:59:33 AM Central Standard Time,
      lizziewriter@... writes:
      Well and good. It's only a movie, it was quite the project, and let it
      have have some movie awards. Sheesh.

      I wish it were "only a movie." Unfortunately, all too many people now think
      it is the work of Tolkien and don't know the difference, which is tragic. And
      being quite the project doesn't mean it's any good or worth any awards.

      Grace Walker Monk

    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.