Re: [mythsoc] Re: Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • SusanPal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2004
      In a message dated 3/1/2004 8:31:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      dianejoy@... writes:

      "BUT: the story of Christ reinforces traditional viewpoints!"

      Actually, that's debatable, but this isn't the venue for religious arguments!

      "The fact that Jackson has made such a big splash is *good* for our culture.
      We all love Tolkien, and I'm not arguing here that it's a great adaptation of
      Tolkien. It's not. But given how someone else might have done it, and given
      the nature of most film, I am truly glad that Jackson did win 11 Oscars last
      night."

      I completely agree with you. And I think Jackson's films, for all their
      faults, are infinitely better than, say, TITANIC (a film I personally loathed).

      Susan

    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.