Re: [mythsoc] Re: Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2004
      I didn't watch the show, but am scratching my head over this quote

      Calling fantasy an ''f-word'' that he hoped would survive the show's
      five-second delay, Jackson thanked the Academy for seeing ''beyond the trolls,
      wizards, and hobbits.''

      I think I know what he meant, but: Trolls, wizards and hobbits... that's what
      it's all about, you ask me.

      Diamond Proudbrook

    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.