Re: Woo Hoo A Clean Sweep!!!!!!

  • Patrick H. Wynne
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2004
      Lisa Deutsch Harrigan <lisa@h...> wrote:

      > David and the other naysayers - Suicide is very ugly.

      As is your gloating comment, Lisa. Tasteless much?

      I've said here before that I expected Jackson's RotK to haul away
      wheelbarrows full of Oscars, and so it did. Many were deserved.
      But others were travesties, most notably "Best Adapted Screenplay"
      (for reasons that should be glaringly obvious to anybody who has
      read the book more than once) and "Best Makeup" (Gimli's
      silly-putty face and Old Bilbo's "Little Big Man" mask were
      wincingly bad).

      -- Pat
    • darancgrissom@sbcglobal.net
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2004
        THe other songs in the category were not anywhere near as well known as Into
        the West. I personally liked the song well enough, but The Oscars have done
        this in the past, I mean picking a song ahead of time. I remember people
        saying when the film came out that it was a contender for best song, I don't
        recall that being said for any of the other nomines, just like with Chicago
        last year.