Tolkien Event in LA

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2004
      For your website, you may wish to post information regarding the Into the
      West, a fan party, in Los Angeles at which Tim Kirk will be exhibiting 11
      of
      his LORD OF THE RINGS paintings from his 1975 calendar, and Colleen Doran
      will be exhibiting 7 of her pieces from THE ESSENTIAL JRR TOLKIEN
      SOURCEBOOK, which I wrote. The party will be on Saturday and Sunday of
      Oscar
      weekend.

      Both Tim and Colleen will be on hand for Saturday to meet and greet the
      public, sign autographs, inscribe copies of KIRK'S WORKS and THE ESSENTIAL
      JRR TOLKIEN SOURCEBOOK, and auction off two original pen-and-ink pieces of
      art from THE LORD OF THE RINGS to benefit charity.

      You can go to www.intothewest.net and click on ART SHOW for all the
      particulars. Since I am the one who organized this exhibit, I'd be happy
      provide any additional information, as well.

      I would think that fans of the Mythopoeic Society -- of which Tim Kirk was
      an active member when he was involved in illustrating fanzines and books
      in
      his early years -- would want to know that he will be at a Tolkien-themed
      event in Los Angeles at the end of the month. The Saturday get-together is
      inexpensive and tickets, I'm told, are still available.

      Best, George Beahm

      Edith L. Crowe
      Art & Humanities Librarian & Coordinator of Graduate Instruction
      San Jose State University Library
      http://www.sjlibrary.org
      (408) 808-2037

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society
      http://www.mythsoc.org