Re: Dwarf tossing (was spotty review)

  • marcfcs
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "dianejoy@e..." <dianejoy@e...> wrote:

      > I had that same reaction to Theoden's remark myself. I hated the
      dwarf
      > tossing references; I thought this particular "sport of kings"
      took place
      > in Elizabethan England, though I don't know when or how I first
      made that
      > association. Wasn't sure if it's a "sport" confined to
      Austrailia. ---djb

      I always though it was a just a 1980's bar fad that got a certain
      amount of media attention. It does seem sort of vaguely
      Elizabethen, though, now that you mention it(or at least the type of
      thing a more modern writer might choose to put in that time period).

      Regards,

      Marc
      marclists@...