Re: [mythsoc] University courses in _The Lord of the Rings_

  • Paul Labaki
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2004
      --- WendellWag@... wrote:
      > Can someone give me a list of universities that
      > offer courses in _The Lord of
      > the Rings_? Someone on a message board has asked
      > this question and I'd like
      > to reply to it. Give me as much detail as you
      > easily can.
      >
      > Wendell Wagner

      > removed]

      Former Mythsoc member (maybe still with us) Dr. David
      Greenman was teaching on Tolkien in the late 1980s at
      Canisius College in Buffalo. I can't say if he still
      is. His colleague, Frank Riga, had a course dedicated
      to C.S. Lewis. This included others such as Tolkien
      and MacDonald.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 17, 2004
        Michael MacDonald at Seattle Pacific University used to have the occasional Lewis course, and of course the annual Summer Institute on the Inklings (not the official name) was there too.

        Larry Swain

        > > Can someone give me a list of universities that
        > > offer courses in _The Lord of
        > > the Rings_? Someone on a message board has asked
        > > this question and I'd like
        > > to reply to it. Give me as much detail as you
        > > easily can.
        > >
        > > Wendell Wagner

        > > removed]
        > >

        > Former Mythsoc member (maybe still with us) Dr. David
        > Greenman was teaching on Tolkien in the late 1980s at
        > Canisius College in Buffalo. I can't say if he still
        > is. His colleague, Frank Riga, had a course dedicated
        > to C.S. Lewis. This included others such as Tolkien
        > and MacDonald.

        From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.

        Powered by Outblaze
      • dianejoy@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 17, 2004
          Hope someone's compiling a master list of all these CSL and Tolkien
          courses. Could prove useful. ---djb