A&E TV Listing

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
      10-11pm [Eastern] -- Journey to Middle Earth: The Lord of
      the Rings: The Return of the King -
      A behind-the-scenes look at the sets, special
      effects, and people who made "The Lord of the
      Rings" the most popular movie trilogy of all
      time. Includes a trip to a pub with the Hobbit
      boys and interviews with director Peter Jackson
      and actors Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellan, Miranda
      Otto, and Orlando Bloom

    • Sheila.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
        > 10-11pm [Eastern] -- Journey to Middle Earth: The Lord of
        > the Rings: The Return of the King -
        > A behind-the-scenes look at the sets, special
        > effects, and people who made "The Lord of the
        > Rings" the most popular movie trilogy of all
        > time. Includes a trip to a pub with the Hobbit
        > boys and interviews with director Peter Jackson
        > and actors Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellan, Miranda
        > Otto, and Orlando Bloom

        And if you can't watch at that time.. it's coming on again at 2am, then
        again on Friday on the Biography Channel at 10am & 4 PM. And then doing a
        search for this on tvguide.com - there also seems to be something about
        Tolkien on the Ovation Arts Network channel - http://ovationtv.com - Tuesday
        the 17th: J.R.R. Tolkien 60 mins. Photographs, archival footage and
        interviews tell the story of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of "The Lord of the
        Rings." Literary historians and Tolkien's surviving children discuss the
        factors that influenced him and examine his books' lasting appeal. Judi
        Dench narrates. I never seen that one before.

        Sheila.
        http://aliehs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
          In a message dated 2/12/2004 12:17:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          sheila@... writes:

          > And then doing a
          > search for this on tvguide.com - there also seems to be something about
          > Tolkien on the Ovation Arts Network channel - http://ovationtv.com - Tuesday
          > the 17th: J.R.R. Tolkien 60 mins. Photographs, archival footage and
          > interviews tell the story of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of "The Lord of the
          > Rings." Literary historians and Tolkien's surviving children discuss the
          > factors that influenced him and examine his books' lasting appeal. Judi
          > Dench narrates. I never seen that one before.

          This must be _J.R.R.T.: A Film Portrait of J. R. R. Tolkien_. I've got a
          copy of that and it's pretty good. The interviews appeared to be done largely at
          the 1992 Tolkien Centenary at Oxford (i.e., the Mythcon/Oxonmoot that year).