Re: [mythsoc] Pullman

  • Paul Labaki
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 3, 2004
      The book I most enjoyed recently was _Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast_ by Robin McKinley. It is as representative of a fairy tale as anything I've ever read, perhaps a tinge syrupy, but a quick light read. Fun.

      Jack <jack@...> wrote:
      >Does anyone have anything they'd like to *recommend*? I read _Anvil of the
      >World_ recently, and though it got a bit preachy in spots I found it
      >interesting. The author has a nicely warped sense of humor.

      A really fun one -- The Thackery T. Lambshead Pocket Guide to Eccentric and
      Discredited Diseases
      See the website for full details: http://www.lambsheadguide.com/

      It's weird, really weird, and quite fun to read!

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

    • Larry Swain
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 16, 2007

        > Yes, particularly sex - after all, that's the only point when God
        > saw that it was "very good" - after woman was created to be a
        > suitable partner for man. {grin}

        A minor correction here: there are 2 points when God says "very good" in Genesis 1, after the third day and after the sixth. In Genesis 2 when we speak of the specific creation of woman as a partner suitable for the man, there is no such declaration.

        That doesn't affect your point, just a "point of information".

        Larry Swain