Re: [mythsoc] Re: Green Man review links to us

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
      Perfect! Thanks kindly!
    • Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2004
        To Jack and everyone else on the list -

        The Bit from the website and the bottom of the MC35 Press Release are
        variants on our legal description that we used for that 501(c)3 we
        mention periodically.

        Copied direct from the Bylaws -
        I. TITLE AND PURPOSE

        The name of this organization shall be the Mythopoeic Society.

        The Mythopoeic Society shall be a literary and educational organization,
        devoted to the study, discussion, and enjoyment of myth, fantasy, and
        imaginative literature, and especially to the works of J. R. R. Tolkien,
        C. S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. The Society shall be based on the
        idea that these authors provide both an excellent introduction to and a
        fundamental understanding of this entire genre of literature.

        From the MC 35 Press Release -

        The Mythopoeic Society is an international literary and educational
        organization devoted to the study, discussion, and enjoyment of
        fantasy and mythic literature, especially the works of J.R.R.
        Tolkien, C.S. Lewis and Charles Williams. For further information on
        the Mythopoeic Society, please visit the Web Site,
        http://www.mythsoc.org

        So long as you keep it close, we have no problems with you using it to
        describe us. Just spell our name right <g>.

        Mythically yours,
        Lisa Deutsch Harrigan
        Treasurer, The Mythopoeic Society.

        PS And yes Liz you are very pretty <g>. Just make sure Sam doesn't get
        jeolous!

        Jack wrote:

        >Prolly. Now what I really need is a paragraph long description of the Mythopoeic Society to add to our
        >Resources page.

      • Matthew Winslow
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2004
          Joan Marie Verba [verba001@...] wrote:
          > Try Matthew Winslow, who's a steward and co-coordinator of the mythsoc
          > web site. (He's also on this list.)

          Yep, but I see Lisa already beat me to the punch.

          "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."
          --Jorge Luis Borges
          Currently reading: Silverlock by John Myers Myers