An unusual interpretation of LotR

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2004
      I can't say I've ever seen The Lord of the Rings analyzed quite this way
      before...

      http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17664

      Janet Brennan Croft

    • Tim Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2004
        I have to see the truth in some of the statements. It is an interesting article! I know how out of context it is, though I admit I chuckled my way through it... Very interesting read!

        Tim Baker

        > Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.>Galatians 2:20

      • Berni Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2004
          From: "Croft, Janet B." <jbcroft@...>

          > I can't say I've ever seen The Lord of the Rings analyzed quite this way
          > before...
          >

          > http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17664

          And you call yourself a Tolkien scholar, woman! Oh well, at least you
          didn't say you identified with the author. My favorite line was:
          "If you're the only girl among 100 guys you'll still fall for the only one
          who has a girlfriend."

          Berni