Re: Awards, deserved and undeserved

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Message 1 of 42 , Jan 27, 2004
      On Jan 27, 2004, at 11:05 AM, Jack wrote:

      > Music?!? What would you have wanted?

      Uh... something I liked?

      E.g., something that actually had some substance to it, instead of the
      Generic Saccharine Suite No. 27 that accompanied most of the journey of
      the Fellowship, for instance.

      E.g., something that I could actually remember 20 mins. after leaving
      the theater, like "Star Wars" or "Lawrence of Arabia" or a host of
      other truly masterful and significant film scores.
    • dianejoy@earthlink.net
      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 5, 2004
        I *hated* the film *First Knight*: it practically blessed Lance and Gwen's
        affair, even from Arthur's deathbed. Gwen will eternally be a blonde for
        me; a brunette Gwen is dubious to me, though it's likely she could be one
        if she's Celtic (depends on your favorite sources); lots of dark haired
        folk. Why does Connery appear in so many dreadful films? O;) ---djb