Literary topic too.

  • odzer@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
      I was thinking that two of the most poignant passages I know of in all of
      Tolkien come from the tale of Hurin.

      The comming to the closed entry to Gondolin, his crying out to Turgon, and
      only the answering of the empty wind in the wastelands.

      And of course his finding of Morwen in her last hour, and his near death from
      grief.
      Both from late writings, found in "Tales of Middle Earth", I think?

      Anyone else have a favorite to nominate?

      John
    • Carl F. Hostetter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
        On Jan 26, 2004, at 2:29 PM, odzer@... wrote:

        > Both from late writings, found in "Tales of Middle Earth", I think?

        That would be _Unfinished Tales_. But I'm willing to engage in a
        dialogue with you on that point. ;)