Re: Goodrich's book

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2000
      In a message dated 02/22/2000 10:50:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      << For all of Dr. Goodrich's energetic prose, she understands neither the
      medieval Arthurian Grail tradition nor the variant forms of the Grail
      tradition as they existed in medieval culture. >>
      The first review didn't sound like her prose was "energetic." This one
      sounds like she's readable but dogmatic. There are a jillion Grail tales and
      I enjoy many of them. OTOH I found Donaldson's Merlin/Taliesin/Arthur to
      start out good and then get kind of stiff and dogmatic. Sooooo? more
      opinions?

      Lizzie the Bitchen Biker Turkey Buzzard Grinnin' Doll Playin' Freedom of
      Speech Speekin' But Backs Off When The Coals Get A Wee Bit Hot Beadin' Babe...

      "Off-topic posts follow me everywhere!"

      They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall
      be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah
      11:9)