Re: yrderzomenymororses..,

  • LeslieJ55@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 25, 1999
      Maria T.,
      sorry, one : got your name wrong when I wrote.

      Secondly: feeling slammed? yeah, that's fandom.

      A Hobbit Returns.
      LeslieJ55@...
      Hampton,VA
    • LeslieJ55@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 25, 1999
        Any old Mythies out there from 69-76 Los Angeles?

        Love to hear from you.

        LeslieJ55@...
        A Hobbit Returns.
      • c howlett
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 1999
          Grace,
          Thanks for the quote from G.K. Chesterton. I've read all his Father
          Brown's, but never got into his poetry. I wonder if the literary theft was
          unconscious; such a great line might hover in the back of your mind and
          resurrect itself as one's own...
          Christy
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 25, 1999
            At 05:55 AM 2/25/99 EST, LeslieJ55@... wrote:
            >From: LeslieJ55@...
            >
            >Any old Mythies out there from 69-76 Los Angeles?

            Hi -

            Lisa Deutsch, San Fernando Valley, 1968-1970 (then I moved to Santa Cruz).
            It was Paula Sigman's fault! There were only two or three branches when I
            joined. Mythprint was the only publication. Glen GoodKnight went to every
            branch meeting. Bonnie Callahan was Bonnie Bergstrom, and Sherwood Smith was
            Christine Smith. They are both still active! How many other maiden names can
            I drag up?

            Lots of us oldtimers still running about after all these years. Must be
            crazy about fantasy, or something...

            What's your full name? I'm lousy at remembering names, but I might remember
            something.

            Mythically yours,

            Lisa
          • LeslieJ55@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 26, 1999
              Lisa,
              good to hear from you. I was Leslie Mardis, strawberry blonde hair, friends
              with Glen,Bonnie, Bernie, Tasha. You and I used to talk alot.

              What happened with the group. I know Glen and Bonnie were divorcing when I
              left in 1976. I married Patrick Maloney, also a member, and I know they had a
              picnic after that. Bernie started the Phantasie Society for awhile. We saw
              people off and on when we return to Calif. Pat was in the Navy. I am now
              getting divorced.

              I joined the sociiety in Feb 1969 with my friends Dawn Morris, Linda McGee,
              and Anne Woods. I have photos of you from old yulemoots where we are talking.
              You might think of me as a hobbit, because I was pretty well known for coming
              to the 69 Bilbo -Frodo picnic as a Tim Kirk Hobbit with Shoes (from a drawing
              by Tim). I dated alot of guys in the group: Chris Barzak, Alpajpuri(Paul
              Novitski) and Chris Mitchell among some.

              It is good to pick up on old friends. Its been a long long time. I have
              traveled all over the US, have 2 kids, Brennan 21 married with baby due in
              April, and Sean , 18 and aspiring writer.

              Say Hi to anyone you know.

              Oh, I was mostly San Fernando. Do explain he Paula Sigmon thing.

              Cheers,
              Leslie
            • Diane Baker
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 27, 1999
                Grace E. Funk wrote:

                > From: gfunk@... (Grace E. Funk)
                >
                > To Diane Baker
                > You wrote "As for Terry Goodkind, he can be very rich, even with generics:
                > cloaks of sable "thick, black,and soft as sin."
                > Terry Goodkind did not make up that phrase (even though he may think he
                > did, I suppose). He is quoting from the poem "Lepanto" by G.K. Chesterton.
                >
                > "King Philip's in his closet wiyh the Fleece about his neck,
                > (Don John of Austria is armed upon the deck)
                > The walls are hung with velvet that is blacvk and soft aas sin,
                > And little dwarfs creep out of it and little dwarfs creep in."
                > Grace E. Funk
                >
                > Grace E. Funk R.R. #1, Lumby, B.C. V0E 2G0 Phone (250)547-6333

                Thanks for the phrases' origins; Chesterton always came up with
                wonderful phrases. Actually, I was talking about Martin in the quote,
                though I did refer to Goodkind earlier. He's only a cut above Robert
                Jordan---not that great.