RE: [mythsoc] This ought not to be / Tolkien related stuff for sale

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2004
      I see the swans have been relisted for a third their original price. Oops,
      I did not save the link if anyone wants to see, but the seller still has no
      (or 1? I forget) feedback, and the swans are listed under lotr rivendell
      swans.

      I went on eBay yesterday or today and tried to see what other such things
      might be available, but couldn't think what to search under. A search
      under Tolkien (-DVD -VHS) still came up with a gazillion books, and I
      didn't want to -book, for fear it would cut out things that mentioned a
      book.

      The OOAK "Matt O'Neil" doll repainted as Aragorn ended up selling for a
      little over $1,500. This is for an approximately 16" vinyl doll and he was
      sold w/o clothes (which is fairly common practice).

      I don't know as much about the commercial fantasy art as some folks; I'm
      kind of behind the times. I'm taking that stuff as a given, though, and
      wondering more about what is out there in terms of non-mass-market
      creations. Just for curious.

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      AVChrislist @ yahoogroups, an Apple Valley doll hobby list,
      is looking for new members... check us out at
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/avchrislist