Re: ISBN questions

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
      Thanks, Wendell. I did finally find this via the amazon.co.uk site.

      Ted

      WendellWag@... wrote:

      > From: WendellWag@...
      >
      > In a message dated 2/12/00 12:05:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > tedsherman@... writes:
      >
      > > Curry, Patrick. Defending Middle-earth: Tolkien, Myth, and Modernity.
      > > Edinburgh: Floris Books, 1997. (I found an ISBN for this title, but for
      > > an edition published by St. Martin's, not Floris; and the St. Martin's
      > > has 176 pages, while the Floris is supposed to have 206. And as far
      > > as I can tell, Floris is not an imprint of St. Martin's, nor is St. Martin's
      > > a distributor for Floris.)
      >
      > 0-86315-234-1. Yes, it has 206 pages.
      >
      > Wendell Wagner

      > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
      > percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
      > fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
      > Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

      Dr. Theodore James Sherman
      Department of English, Box X041
      College of Liberal Arts
      Middle Tennessee State University
      Murfreesboro, TN 37130
      615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
      tsherman@...
      tedsherman@...
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
        Ted Sherman wrote:

        >Can anyone provide me with the ISBNs of the following works? I've looked
        >in BiP, the MLAIB, and ABELL.
        >
        >Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World. Ed. Nils
        >Ivar Agoy. Oslo: Arthedain, 1998.

        ISBN 91-973500-0-1. Also ISSN 1403-6509 (as _Arda Special_ no. 1). This
        book was co-published by the Arda-society, Upsala.

        >News from the Shire and Beyond: Studies on Tolkien. Ed. Peter Buchs and
        >Thomas Honnegger. Zurich: Walking Tree Publishers, 1997.

        ISBN 3-9521424-0-9.

        You will also want to note the second in the Comar"e Series (after the
        preceding item), _Root and Branch: Approaches towards Understanding
        Tolkien_, ed. Thomas Honegger. Zurich: Walking Tree Publishers, 1999.

        Wayne Hammond