ISBN questions

  • Ted Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
      Can anyone provide me with the ISBNs of the following works? I've looked
      in BiP, the MLAIB, and ABELL.

      Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World. Ed. Nils
      Ivar Agoy. Oslo: Arthedain, 1998.

      News from the Shire and Beyond: Studies on Tolkien. Ed. Peter Buchs and
      Thomas Honnegger. Zurich: Walking Tree Publishers, 1997.

      Curry, Patrick. Defending Middle-earth: Tolkien, Myth, and Modernity.
      Edinburgh: Floris Books, 1997. (I found an ISBN for this title, but for
      an edition published by St. Martin's, not Floris; and the St. Martin's
      has 176 pages, while the Floris is supposed to have 206. And as far as I
      can tell, Floris is not an imprint of St. Martin's, nor is St. Martin's
      a distributor for Floris.)

      --
      Dr. Theodore James Sherman
      Department of English, Box X041
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
        In a message dated 2/12/00 12:05:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        tedsherman@... writes:

        > Curry, Patrick. Defending Middle-earth: Tolkien, Myth, and Modernity.
        > Edinburgh: Floris Books, 1997. (I found an ISBN for this title, but for
        > an edition published by St. Martin's, not Floris; and the St. Martin's
        > has 176 pages, while the Floris is supposed to have 206. And as far
        > as I can tell, Floris is not an imprint of St. Martin's, nor is St. Martin's
        > a distributor for Floris.)

        0-86315-234-1. Yes, it has 206 pages.

        Wendell Wagner
      • Ted Sherman
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
          Thanks, Wendell. I did finally find this via the amazon.co.uk site.

          Ted

          WendellWag@... wrote:

          > From: WendellWag@...
          >
          > In a message dated 2/12/00 12:05:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          > tedsherman@... writes:
          >
          > > Curry, Patrick. Defending Middle-earth: Tolkien, Myth, and Modernity.
          > > Edinburgh: Floris Books, 1997. (I found an ISBN for this title, but for
          > > an edition published by St. Martin's, not Floris; and the St. Martin's
          > > has 176 pages, while the Floris is supposed to have 206. And as far
          > > as I can tell, Floris is not an imprint of St. Martin's, nor is St. Martin's
          > > a distributor for Floris.)
          >
          > 0-86315-234-1. Yes, it has 206 pages.
          >
          > Wendell Wagner

          > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
          > percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
          > fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
          > Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

          Dr. Theodore James Sherman
          Department of English, Box X041
          College of Liberal Arts
          Middle Tennessee State University
          Murfreesboro, TN 37130
          615 898-5836; FAX 615 898-5098
          tsherman@...
          tedsherman@...
        • Wayne G. Hammond
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
            Ted Sherman wrote:

            >Can anyone provide me with the ISBNs of the following works? I've looked
            >in BiP, the MLAIB, and ABELL.
            >
            >Between Faith and Fiction: Tolkien and the Powers of His World. Ed. Nils
            >Ivar Agoy. Oslo: Arthedain, 1998.

            ISBN 91-973500-0-1. Also ISSN 1403-6509 (as _Arda Special_ no. 1). This
            book was co-published by the Arda-society, Upsala.

            >News from the Shire and Beyond: Studies on Tolkien. Ed. Peter Buchs and
            >Thomas Honnegger. Zurich: Walking Tree Publishers, 1997.

            ISBN 3-9521424-0-9.

            You will also want to note the second in the Comar"e Series (after the
            preceding item), _Root and Branch: Approaches towards Understanding
            Tolkien_, ed. Thomas Honegger. Zurich: Walking Tree Publishers, 1999.

            Wayne Hammond