(Fwd) EOS CON III

  • Eleanor Farrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
      Got this from Richard West -- thought it might be of interest to list members.

      Ellie

      EOS, the sf imprint of Avon books, is having it's 3rd online Science
      Fiction Convention, January 29, 2000, 4-8pm EST
      http://www.eoscon3.com
      The eoscon3.com site will be available after January 23

      SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

      4-5pm ROOM A
      Worldbuilding From The Ground Up
      DAVE DUNCAN, DENNIS JONES, ANNE McCAFFREY, and JULIET MCKENNA discuss what
      >> it takes to build a world and bring it alive with characters and story.
      4-5pm ROOM B
      Technological Access: The New Caste System
      KAGE BAKER, DENNIS DANVERS, KATHLEEN ANN GOONAN, and SEVERNA PARK talk about
      >> how access to technology and information will create new class
      >>distinctions.
      5-6pm ROOM A
      History of the Alternate
      DAVE DUNCAN, ELIZABETH HAND, GUY GAVRIEL KAY, and MARTHA WELLS know how to
      make history suit their needs. Find out how they do it in this panel
      discussion.
      5-6pm ROOM B
      The Science of Disaster
      Things will always go wrong-it's just a matter of time.
      GREGORY BENFORD, ELIZABETH HAND, JACK MCDEVITT, and WALTER JON WILLIAMS
      explain how
      scientific fact plays a role in their novels.
      6-7pm ROOM A
      Military Maneuvers in SF and Fantasy
      We have a wealth of military history and theory at our disposal. Join
      TRACY HICKMAN, SUSAN R. MATTHEWS, and KRISTINE SMITH as they discuss how
      they put this knowledge to use.
      6-7pm ROOM B
      Fantasy Outside the Box
      JEFFREY FORD, SHARON GREEN, JANE ROUTLEY, and MAGARET WEIS don't write your
      typical fantasy novels. Find out what drives them toward redefining the
      genre and making it truly their own.
      7-8pm ROOM A
      How to Get Published
      Get the facts straight from acquiring editors and published authors. Eos
      Editors CAITLIN BLASDELL, JENNIFER BREHL and DIANA GILL team up with
      authors JAMES ALAN GARDNER, VICTORIA STRAUSS, and MAGARET WEIS and explain
      what to do in order to get published.
      7-8pm ROOM B
      How To Promote Yourself: Spec Fiction and the Media
      A publicist can't do everything. Publicists Andy Heidel and Lindsay
      Lifrieri team up with authors SUSAN R. MATTHEWS and JANNY WURTS to explain
      how to promote yourself once you've been published.

      -------

      Eleanor M. Farrell
      Editor, Mythprint
      P.O. Box 320486
      San Francisco, CA 94132-0486
      E-mail: emfarrell@...

      Mythprint: Mythopoeic Society newsletter
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
        > EOS, the sf imprint of Avon books, is having it's 3rd online Science
        > Fiction Convention, January 29, 2000, 4-8pm EST

        Sounds interesting, but I'd prefer to read a transcript afterwards than
        watch the words slowly crawling across the screen (or, even worse, watch
        web videos).

        I'd also be more impressed if they knew how to spell "its".

        David Bratman