Re: The Manley Arts

  • Paul F. Labaki
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2000
      Where can we find copies of these lists?

      --
      Paul Labaki

      From: "Matt Williams" <williamm@...>
      Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:38:41 -0600
      To: "Mythopoeic Society" <mythsoc@onelist.com>
      Subject: [mythsoc] The Manley Arts

      From: "Matt Williams" <williamm@...>

      Hi:

      Will Manley, a librarian, writes a column called The Manley Arts (formerly
      The Manley Art of Librarianship) for Booklist magazine. Last march he asked
      librarians to write him with their lists of 5 books you should read before
      you die. Over 300 librarians wrote in. This month Will reported the 17% of
      the librarians recommended Tolkien. Pretty interesting. The Lord of the
      Rings is also near the top of the 100 best books of the century list put out
      by librarians.

      Matthew R. Williams
      Library Director
      Watertown Public Library