Re: Oh, dear...

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2000
      In a message dated 1/11/00 6:19:04 AM Central Standard Time,
      ERATRIANO@... writes:

      > Oh yeah, what's the difference between a woman, Strider's love interest so
      > natch she will be a star..

      Well, you see, riding down to the Ford to rescue the travelers gives her
      something to DO besides hanging around for centuries or is it decades putting
      stitches into that banner... and I can see the viewpoint of the scripters
      with so many characters to deal with, trying to get some of the less
      necessary ones out of there...

      Speaking of "how many characters do you need," - we usually =love= the
      productions of the Nashville Children's Theatre, but last year they did MOBY
      DICK with exactly four actors,* not even any sailors to stand around in the
      background muttering "rhubarb rhubarb" and no visible whale except a piece of
      whale skeleton on board. It just didn't work.

      *Ahab, Queequeg, Ishmael, and either Starbuck or Stubbs, I forget which

      Mary S