Re: Oh, dear...

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2000
      In a message dated 01/10/2000 11:04:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Stolzi@... writes:

      << Apparently they're doing it by writing him out, to be replaced by Arwen
      Evenstar. At least, last I heard.

      (Don't have a hizzy, Lizzie!)

      Oh yeah, what's the difference between a woman, Strider's love interest so
      natch she will be a star... and an old school Elf... (he's a full Elf or a
      half Elf? It's been too long)... Okay I'm going to be ill now.

      Lizzie
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2000
        In a message dated 1/11/00 6:19:04 AM Central Standard Time,
        ERATRIANO@... writes:

        > Oh yeah, what's the difference between a woman, Strider's love interest so
        > natch she will be a star..

        Well, you see, riding down to the Ford to rescue the travelers gives her
        something to DO besides hanging around for centuries or is it decades putting
        stitches into that banner... and I can see the viewpoint of the scripters
        with so many characters to deal with, trying to get some of the less
        necessary ones out of there...

        Speaking of "how many characters do you need," - we usually =love= the
        productions of the Nashville Children's Theatre, but last year they did MOBY
        DICK with exactly four actors,* not even any sailors to stand around in the
        background muttering "rhubarb rhubarb" and no visible whale except a piece of
        whale skeleton on board. It just didn't work.

        *Ahab, Queequeg, Ishmael, and either Starbuck or Stubbs, I forget which

        Mary S