Phantastes Winter 2000 Issue Now Online (X-posted)

  • Staci Dumoski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2000
      Greetings all,

      The Winter 2000 issue, "Myth and Fantasy," is now available at:

      http://www.phantastes.com

      Headlining this issue is an interview with Guy Gavriel Kay, author of such
      notable fantasy titles as TIGANA, SAILING TO SARANTIUM, and "The Fionovar
      Tapestry." Kay discusses his own use of myth in his novels, and offers
      advice to other writers who hope to incorporate mythic themes into their
      own work.

      Also featured are an interview with Lynn Flewelling (TRAITOR'S MOON) on
      the subject of writing a series, an overview of e-publishing trends, and a
      series of articles on the theme of "Myth and Fantasy." My own editorial
      discusses, somewhat critically, David Eddings and THE RIVAN CODEX.

      We're sure you'll find the issue full of useful information. Please be
      sure to come and share your thoughts on the articles at The Forums of
      Phantastes (http://www.phantastes.com/forums.html).

      Phantastes is looking forward to a productive new year, with continuing
      developments to make the site a comprehensive resource for writers of
      fantasy. Look for updates to the Books At Phantastes site in the
      immediate future, with a refocus on books of particular use to
      writers. Also, later this month, we'll be announcing the first Phantastes
      short fiction contest, and a tool for finding the best fantasy fiction on
      the net.

      Thank you all for your support in the past year. Here's hoping that 2000
      will bring us all success and joy.

      All the best,
      Staci Ann Dumoski Phantastes
      Editor and Publisher "The Fantasy Writer's Guide"
      editor@... http://www.phantastes.com/