other lists?

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2000
      Can anyone recommend other lists on more or less this topic? I know this is
      a wide ranging list, so I'd say keeping more to the Christian fantasists,
      modern and past and future, than to the nonfiction aspects of Professor
      Tolkien's work, and apologetics, and study of the Inklings, and suchlike. I
      am more interested in reading the literature than reading any more studies of
      it. Well, mostly; there are some incredible studies out there, and I like
      reading some of them. Also I would like to find modern works in
      translation... my French is rustier than I would have liked... but I bet the
      Grail traditions are of interest to a lot of us, and France seems an obvious
      place to find them.

      And of course, writing and chatting with other writers.

      I guess this conversation needs to be continued offlist.

      Thanks

      lizzie
    • Julia Pálffy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2000
        Hi Lizzie!

        I too found the list a bit wide-ranging - but if anything, I miss more
        academic or detailed discussion of Tolkien, Lewis & Co., which is not to say
        that I prefer their academic work to their fantasy, but I'd like to explore
        the "ingredients" and "background" to their fantasy writing more in depth.
        If you hear about other lists, will you let me know?
        If you're particularly interested in Christian fiction, do you know Skysong
        Press? I discovered their website once when I tried searching the Internet
        for Christian fiction. Here is their URL: http://www.bconnex.net/~skysong/
        Maybe I can also help you as regards French literature, since I grew up in
        Geneva and did all my schooling in French. If you let me know more clearly
        what you're looking for, maybe I can give you tips - or write to you in
        French!
        What kind of stories do you write (fantasy, obviously, but that's still a
        very wide range!)? Have you got anything published?

        Best regards,

        Julia Palffy
        Zug, Switzerland
        jupalffy@...