Farmer Giles

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2000
      In a message dated 12/10/1999 9:56:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Wayne.G.Hammond@... writes:

      << The Pauline Baynes _Farmer Giles_, long out of print except in reduced form
      in Ballantine editions (e.g. _The Tolkien Reader_), is now available again
      in separate hardback in a 50th anniversary edition, published by
      HarperCollins in the U.K. and Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. ... Tolkien
      collectors in the U.S. should snap up the first printing while it's still
      available: Houghton Mifflin had just enough copies to fill their advance
      orders, and a second printing is in process.>>

      Hi Wayne..

      Just having a chance to try and put my brain in gear about some of my mor
      indepth emails (i.e., things not addressed simply by discussing people's
      beadwork or sewing in process lol)... is this book available from amazon? Do
      I get it at a bookstore? I don't get out much, and whwen I do I hav two
      small children in tow and I can't think straight! So I need to have my facts
      in order in a very simple form. lol Thanks

      Lizzie
    • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2000
        In a message dated 1/9/00 11:29:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        ERATRIANO@... writes:

        > Do I get it at a bookstore?

        I found it just in wandering around a bookstore.
      • Wayne G. Hammond
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2000
          >From: ERATRIANO@...
          >
          >Just having a chance to try and put my brain in gear about some of my mor
          >indepth emails (i.e., things not addressed simply by discussing people's
          >beadwork or sewing in process lol)... is this book available from amazon?
          Do
          >I get it at a bookstore?

          I hope that your local bookstore will stock the new _Farmer Giles of Ham_.
          But Amazon and Barnes & Noble online have it too.

          Wayne