A Request for Help on Hobbits

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2000
      From another list, fwded with author's permission:

      c.uk</A>

      I'm looking for a reference for something (which may be
      fiction or non-fiction)what apparently gives a
      scientific "explanation" for hobbits. All I know is that
      it's "by a woman author, possibly anthropological sf". I
      can't think of anything by Ursula le Guin which fits the
      bil, although I know she's written on Tolkien. Can anyone
      help?

      best

      ----------------------
      Andy Sawyer
      Science Fiction Librarian
      Special Collections and Archives
      University of Liverpool Library
      PO Box 123, Liverpool L69 3DA, UK.
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2000
        In a message dated 01/07/2000 2:53:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        Stolzi@... writes:

        << 'm looking for a reference for something (which may be
        fiction or non-fiction)what apparently gives a
        scientific "explanation" for hobbits. All I know is that
        it's "by a woman author, possibly anthropological sf". >>
        y'know this has a faintly faintly familiar ring to it. anyone comeup with
        anything yet?

        Lizzie