Conquering cultures

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2003
      I've been pointing this out for a long time. The relationship is similar in
      that both involve the cultures of conquered peoples, with most of the terms
      defined by the conquerors -- who choose precisely which aspects of the
      conquered
      cultures are of interest to them, what their significance is, and how they
      are
      to be given expression in the dominant culture's art and literature. >>

      That is however how history works isn't it? Still, sometimes it's a little
      eerie.

      For those interested in the other-than-literary sides of our Northern
      forebears, may I recommend a Viking World Tour Tshirt from
      pillagedvillage.com

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Jack
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2003
        >For those interested in the other-than-literary sides of our Northern
        >forebears, may I recommend a Viking World Tour Tshirt from
        >pillagedvillage.com

        Cool. Must get one for busking.

        AHve you see the black death european tour shirt?

        http://www.northernsun.com/cgi-bin/nsm/1618.html

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2003
          Cool. Must get one for busking.

          AHve you see the black death european tour shirt?

          http://www.northernsun.com/cgi-bin/nsm/1618.html >>

          That is ew-cool. Cool but a bit ew for me myself. Thanks for hte link &
          good luck with the music.

          Lizzie Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia