miscellany

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Thank you, David especially, for today's Kalevala tips. I will be doing
      more hunting at amazon tonight I hope. Actually operetta/opera was the
      second thing that immediately popped into my head when I thought of
      listening to unfamiliar languages, and the first was closely related, being
      the Swedish Lucia hymn (whether sung by real Swedes at a church event, or
      by the Muppets' singing chefs, bork bork bork!). Oops, sorry!

      Thank you, Alexei, for your comments on the conquering peoples bit. I
      would like to hear/read more.

      This is the best place I've been all day. Mmmm!!

      Now for a totally unrelated question: why is there an "e" on the end of
      "gelatine"? As in "Knox gelatine"?

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia