Re: [mythsoc] Article in _Salon_ about Tolkien and Lewis

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
      At 07:06 AM 12/3/2003 , dianejoy@... wrote:
      >Why doesn't it surprise me that *Salon* would seriously underplay the role
      >of Christianity in CSL's writings? That's as natural as breathing! ---djb

      Don't be silly, Diane. They could have not mentioned it at all, or buried
      it - they did neither. They could have not written the article at all.
      Please don't try to co-opt me into an argument against the secular media.

      - David Bratman
    • Stolzi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
        >the factual errors are minor

        Such as giving Lewis' character, Elwin Ransom, the first name of "John."
        That one startled me!

        Diamond Proudbrook

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
          Such as giving Lewis' character, Elwin Ransom, the first name of "John."
          That one startled me! >>

          Yeah, if you're gonna make a mistake like that, at least call him "Jack"
          because after all "Jack" can be short for anything...

          Lizzie Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia