Re: [mythsoc] Article in _Salon_ about Tolkien and Lewis

  • dianejoy@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
      Why doesn't it surprise me that *Salon* would seriously underplay the role
      of Christianity in CSL's writings? That's as natural as breathing! ---djb

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
        At 07:06 AM 12/3/2003 , dianejoy@... wrote:
        >Why doesn't it surprise me that *Salon* would seriously underplay the role
        >of Christianity in CSL's writings? That's as natural as breathing! ---djb

        Don't be silly, Diane. They could have not mentioned it at all, or buried
        it - they did neither. They could have not written the article at all.
        Please don't try to co-opt me into an argument against the secular media.

        - David Bratman
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
          >the factual errors are minor

          Such as giving Lewis' character, Elwin Ransom, the first name of "John."
          That one startled me!

          Diamond Proudbrook

        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
            Such as giving Lewis' character, Elwin Ransom, the first name of "John."
            That one startled me! >>

            Yeah, if you're gonna make a mistake like that, at least call him "Jack"
            because after all "Jack" can be short for anything...

            Lizzie Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia