Tolkien exhibit in Ireland

  • Croft, Janet B
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      For any of you lucky enough to be planning a visit to Ireland in the near
      future, and exhibit on Tolkien and WWI:

      BATTLE of the Somme... and Lord of the Rings Belfast Telegraph, UK ...
      During the Great War, JRR Tolkien enlisted into the Lancashire Fusiliers as
      a second lieutenant. Late on Sunday, June 4, 1916 he ...

      <http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/features/story.jsp?story=468118
      <http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/features/story.jsp?story=468118> >

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Head of Access Services

      University of Oklahoma

      Bizzell Library NW104

      Norman OK 73019

      405-325-1918

      fax 405-325-7618

      jbcroft@...

      <http://libraries.ou.edu/> http://libraries.ou.edu/

      <http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/>

      Hubris is stealing fire from the gods. Chutzpah is offering to sell it back.

    • vargeisa
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        > For any of you lucky enough to be planning a visit to Ireland in the near
        > future, and exhibit on Tolkien and WWI:

        Re above. I attended the opening ceremony and lecture by Dr Adamson today.
        I'm also hoping to rework his paper on Tolkien and the Inklings into a
        future edition of Mallorn. Anyone wishing more information on the exhibition
        please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

        Thanks,
        Michael.

        > BATTLE of the Somme... and Lord of the Rings Belfast Telegraph, UK ...
        > During the Great War, JRR Tolkien enlisted into the Lancashire Fusiliers
        as
        > a second lieutenant. Late on Sunday, June 4, 1916 he ...
        >
        > <http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/features/story.jsp?story=468118
        > <http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/features/story.jsp?story=468118> >
        >

        > Janet Brennan Croft
        >
        > Head of Access Services
        >
        > University of Oklahoma
        >
        > Bizzell Library NW104
        >
        > Norman OK 73019
        >
        > 405-325-1918
        >
        > fax 405-325-7618
        >
        > jbcroft@...
        >
        > <http://libraries.ou.edu/> http://libraries.ou.edu/
        >
        > <http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/>
        > http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/C/Janet.B.Croft-1/

        > Hubris is stealing fire from the gods. Chutzpah is offering to sell it
        back.

        ---