Re: Oh Peter, Peter, Peter Beagle...

  • Stolzi@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2000
      bernip@... writes:

      > With her drug use
      > and disdain for authority, she was headed in the wrong direction. I
      > shudder to think what might have become of her if her mother hadn't
      > taken her to Britain.

      Where, as best I recall, she never even tried to get a connection or to
      light up. Does this mean that tougher schoolwork, hard field work, or being
      entertained by ghosts (I'm not sure which) removes the desire for weed? :)

      Mary S
    • Mary Kay Kare
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 8, 2000
        Stolzi@... wrote:

        > From: Stolzi@...
        >
        > In a message dated 1/3/00 8:59:05 PM Central Standard Time,
        > bernip@... writes:
        >
        > > With her drug use
        > > and disdain for authority, she was headed in the wrong direction. I
        > > shudder to think what might have become of her if her mother hadn't
        > > taken her to Britain.
        >
        > Where, as best I recall, she never even tried to get a connection or to
        > light up. Does this mean that tougher schoolwork, hard field work, or being
        > entertained by ghosts (I'm not sure which) removes the desire for weed? :)

        I didn't find her occasional marijuana use, or disdain for authority,
        particularly disturbing or even noteworthy for a teen-ager living in NYC in the
        late 90's. I do sort of wonder what explains the total lack of interest in a
        little pot once she gets to England. Perhaps a different social milieu and all
        those adjustments?

        MK