Wendell's secret hideaway?

  • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2000
      In a message dated 01/04/2000 10:10:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      << On another board that I regularly post to, my online name is just "Wendell
      Wagner", unlike most of the people there, who use exotic online names. >>
      Okay, you tease; is this a place we newbies who Haven't been here for decades
      should hear about and maybe check into?

      Lizzie
    • WendellWag@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2000
        In a message dated 1/4/00 10:47:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        ERATRIANO@... writes:

        << Okay, you tease; is this a place we newbies who Haven't been here for
        decades
        should hear about and maybe check into? >>

        Maybe, maybe not. It's not related to the Inklings or to fantasy. It's the
        Straight Dope Message Board. It's for fans of the weekly column "The
        Straight Dope", which appears in many city's free newspapers (like _The
        Chicago Reader_, _The Washington City Paper_, _The Baltimore City Paper_,
        etc.). You can ask any sort of question and, at best, the guy who writes
        _The Straight Dope_, Cecil Adams, may answer your question, or it might be
        answered in the daily columns that Cecil's (unpaid) minions post to the site,
        or at least it will be discussed, often brilliantly, on the message board by
        the regular posters. Be forewarned, though, that many of those same posters
        don't like stupid questions or questioners and are willing to cut you to
        pieces if you ask one (or even if they don't like your spelling and grammar).

        Wendell Wagner
      • ERATRIANO@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2000
          In a message dated 01/07/2000 10:52:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          WendellWag@... writes:

          << Be forewarned, though, that many of those same posters
          don't like stupid questions or questioners and are willing to cut you to
          pieces if you ask one (or even if they don't like your spelling and grammar).

          ooh i think i'll pass. thank you for the nice clear answer.

          lizzie