Re: [mythsoc] ROTK Silliness from Down Under

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
      In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:13:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      jbcroft@... writes:

      > Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
      > irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
      > robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
      > tell you all you ever wanted to know...

      So now when any group of people sit around making similar comments on a film,
      it's referred to as MST3K-ing a film. We did this when we showed the DVD of
      the extended edition of _The Fellowship of the Ring_ at Mythcon this year.
      There's was a long discussion of this event on this mailing list just after
      Mythcon.

    • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
        Thanks for the website. I'm not sure I get it overall. The bad old movies
        hosted by the guy out in space sounded cool. But is the site mainly to do
        with teh SciFi channel that is on cable (I dont get it so I don't have the
        frame of reference)?

        I see a Tremors spinoff series though! Woo hoo!!

        Lizzie Apgar Triano
        lizziewriter@...
        amor vincit omnia