TV Interviews

  • Joan Marie Verba
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2003
      As long as we're (sort of) on the subject of media interviews, I thought
      I'd inform the list that the first segment of my public access cable TV
      program, TV Bookshelf, aired last night. (See http://www.tvbookshelf.ws
      for details.)

      We (that is, David Lenander and I) are interviewing local sf and fantasy
      authors. We're also trying to get publicity for the Rivendell Group in
      general and the Mythopoeic Society in particular by mentioning them on
      the air (there are also links at the web site).

      I think public access TV is a publicity resource that we can make use
      of. In particular, filming and broadcasting the Mythopoeic Fantasy
      Awards is a realistic option.

      It is a matter of contacting one's cable provider, and different
      providers have different requirements. However, generally there should
      be no problem with an individual giving them a tape that I made (and I
      have the means to make multiple copies of any of the TV shows).

      I'd be happy to answer any questions or to provide further information.

      Joan
      Joan Marie Verba
      verba001@...