RE: [mythsoc] ROTK Silliness from Down Under

  • Croft, Janet B
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 25, 2003
      Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
      irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
      robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
      tell you all you ever wanted to know...

      Janet Croft

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
        In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:13:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        jbcroft@... writes:

        > Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
        > irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
        > robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
        > tell you all you ever wanted to know...

        So now when any group of people sit around making similar comments on a film,
        it's referred to as MST3K-ing a film. We did this when we showed the DVD of
        the extended edition of _The Fellowship of the Ring_ at Mythcon this year.
        There's was a long discussion of this event on this mailing list just after
        Mythcon.

      • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
          Thanks for the website. I'm not sure I get it overall. The bad old movies
          hosted by the guy out in space sounded cool. But is the site mainly to do
          with teh SciFi channel that is on cable (I dont get it so I don't have the
          frame of reference)?

          I see a Tremors spinoff series though! Woo hoo!!

          Lizzie Apgar Triano
          lizziewriter@...
          amor vincit omnia