Re: [mythsoc] ROTK Silliness from Down Under

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 25, 2003
      So anyway what is MST3K?

      Lizzie Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
    • Croft, Janet B
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 25, 2003
        Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
        irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
        robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
        tell you all you ever wanted to know...

        Janet Croft

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
          In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:13:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          jbcroft@... writes:

          > Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
          > irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
          > robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
          > tell you all you ever wanted to know...

          So now when any group of people sit around making similar comments on a film,
          it's referred to as MST3K-ing a film. We did this when we showed the DVD of
          the extended edition of _The Fellowship of the Ring_ at Mythcon this year.
          There's was a long discussion of this event on this mailing list just after
          Mythcon.

        • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
            Thanks for the website. I'm not sure I get it overall. The bad old movies
            hosted by the guy out in space sounded cool. But is the site mainly to do
            with teh SciFi channel that is on cable (I dont get it so I don't have the
            frame of reference)?

            I see a Tremors spinoff series though! Woo hoo!!

            Lizzie Apgar Triano
            lizziewriter@...
            amor vincit omnia