ROTK Silliness from Down Under

  • Croft, Janet B
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 24, 2003
      Had to forward this...

      Janet

      -----Original Message-----
      From: fantastic-request@...
      http://lists.arts.usyd.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/fantastic
      fantastic-request@...

      Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:10:07 +1100
      From: Kim Selling <kim.selling@...>
      Subject: [Fantastic] [Fwd: THINGS TO DO WHILE WATCHING ROTK [Lord of
      the Rings - Return of the King]]

      Silliness!

      THINGS TO DO WHILE WATCHING ROTK [Lord of the Rings - Return of the King]

      Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where the hell
      is Harry Potter?"

      Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

      After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

      At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle
      Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen.

      After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

      Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says:
      "The Ring." Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

      Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts.

      Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

      When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing,
      "And I did it.... MY way...!"

      At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians. -Talk like
      Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and
      fall down the stairs.

      When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

      Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python
      style. -When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

      Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the
      Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins.

      In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST,
      RUN!"

      Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See
      how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

      During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

      Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf
      hidden somewhere in the movie. -Start an Orc sing-a-long.

      Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking
      terribly confused.

      Remove the top off your drink, then proceed to light the straw on fire and
      tell people in the seats around you about a great battle that took place in
      your cup long ago.

      When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for tense moment and shout, "I
      see dead people!"
      -Imitate what you think a conversation between Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would
      be like. -Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater during the
      Shelob scene.

      Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for governor of California.

      When Sam holds Frodo's hand (or otherwise), start singing, "The Ambiguously
      Gay Duo!"

      When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's really let herself go!"

      www.seanwilliams.com
    • Joan Marie Verba
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 24, 2003
        Thanks for forwarding this! I really enjoyed it!

        Joan
        Joan Marie Verba
        verba001@...
      • Croft, Janet B
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 24, 2003
          Giving ROTK the MST3K treatment BEFORE it comes out...I loved it!

          Janet

          _____

          Thanks for forwarding this! I really enjoyed it!

          Joan
          Joan Marie Verba
          verba001@...
          <http://www.sff.net/people/Joan.Marie.Verba>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12chcmi1r/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroup
          web/S=1705020227:HM/EXP=1069783511/A=1853618/R=0/*http:/www.netflix.com/Defa
          ult?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=753030287>

          <http://www.mythsoc.org>

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 24, 2003
            In a message dated 11/24/2003 9:18:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            jbcroft@... writes:

            > THINGS TO DO WHILE WATCHING ROTK [Lord of the Rings - Return of the King]

            I suppose if I shout out any of the suggestions given in the post the next
            time we MST3K one of the movies at Mythcon, people will shout back, "Oh, sit
            down and shut up, Wendell. You stole that line from that post from the mailing
            list."

          • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 25, 2003
              So anyway what is MST3K?

              Lizzie Apgar Triano
              lizziewriter@...
              amor vincit omnia
            • Croft, Janet B
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 25, 2003
                Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
                irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
                robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
                tell you all you ever wanted to know...

                Janet Croft

                _____

                ult?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai
                l/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=910032248>

                <http://www.mythsoc.org>

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
                  In a message dated 11/25/2003 9:13:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  jbcroft@... writes:

                  > Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - showed movies, mainly bad old SF, with
                  > irreverent running commentary by a guy living on a space station with two
                  > robots. http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/ <http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/> will
                  > tell you all you ever wanted to know...

                  So now when any group of people sit around making similar comments on a film,
                  it's referred to as MST3K-ing a film. We did this when we showed the DVD of
                  the extended edition of _The Fellowship of the Ring_ at Mythcon this year.
                  There's was a long discussion of this event on this mailing list just after
                  Mythcon.

                • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
                    Thanks for the website. I'm not sure I get it overall. The bad old movies
                    hosted by the guy out in space sounded cool. But is the site mainly to do
                    with teh SciFi channel that is on cable (I dont get it so I don't have the
                    frame of reference)?

                    I see a Tremors spinoff series though! Woo hoo!!

                    Lizzie Apgar Triano
                    lizziewriter@...
                    amor vincit omnia